Feb 28, 2022
This week on the Down the Garden Path podcast, landscape
designers Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing wrap up February's
houseplant theme with an "Ask Us Anything!" episode.
Tune in to hear Joanne
and Matt respond to listener questions.
Some of the questions listeners asked:
- Does rock salt for ice hurt lawns?
- Are your past shows posted anywhere?
- After that beautiful flower blooms and dies off, what do I need
to do to the plant?
- I already see that the home improvement stores have their
spring fertilizer out. As soon as the snow melts, what is the
earliest time to put this down on our lawns?
- When’s your book coming out?
- I want to plant a red maple in my yard this year. I live just
outside of Toronto. What is the earliest that I can do so?
- My kids saw a seed package of giant pumpkins at the store the
other day, and they want to grow them for this coming year's
Halloween. Any tips or advice on how to do this properly? How soon
can we put the seed in the ground? Do you need a lot of room? What
- You had a gentleman on your show a while back talk about garden
ponds. Can you please tell me his name or company?
Resources mentioned during the show:
Each week on Down The Garden Path, professional
landscape designers Joanne
Shaw and Matthew Dressing
discuss down-to-earth tips and advice for your plants, gardens and
As the owner of Down2Earth Landscape Design, Joanne Shaw has
been designing beautiful gardens for homeowners east of Toronto for
over a decade.
And Matthew Dressing is a horticulturist and landscape designer.
He owns Natural Affinity Garden Design, a landscape design and
garden maintenance firm servicing Toronto and the Eastern GTA.
Together, Joanne and Matthew do their best to bring you
interesting, relevant and helpful topics. Their goal is to help you
keep your garden as low maintenance as possible.