May 6, 2022
This month on the Down the Garden Path podcast, landscape designers
Joanne Shaw and Matthew Dressing take a look at flowering shrubs, a few classics
and a couple of superstars you might be meeting for the first time.
In this week's episode, they talk about lilacs.
Tune in to hear Joanne
and Matt talk about lilacs.
Some of the questions and topics covered:
- What are lilacs?
- What are the different
groups/types of lilacs and what makes them different?
- general care, fertilizing, pruning, size colours, flowering time and use for
- Common lilacs: French hybrids,
Korean lilacs, Preston lilacs, Bloomerang
- Some of the pests and diseases common with lilacs
- Joanne and Matt tell us their favourites.
- How to use lilacs in the landscape.